Monday, October 8, 2012

WIPz CEO and Hearthfire Conflicts List

Hearthfire has some conflicts with my work-in-progress mod Crafting Enjoyment Overhaul.  This is a list of those conflicts and some ideas to resolve them for the Hearthfire version of my mod.

Retextures:
Hearthfire includes retextures of most of the soups and stews.
Apple Cabbage Stew
Beef Stew
Cabbage Potato Soup (uses same n-map as Apple Cabbage Stew)
Elseweyr Fondue
Horker Stew
Tomato Soup
Vegetable Soup
Venison Stew (uses same n-map as Beef Stew)
Notes: Cabbage Potato Soup uses an n-map that doesn't match.  Cabbage Soup is not retextured at all, nor is the stew in the Cooking Pot.
My plans:  My retextures will be released in an optional addon.  Cabbage Soup and Cooking Pot retextures will be part of the main mod.  Create proper n-map for Hearthfire's Cabbage Potato Soup, probably don't need one for Venison Stew since it is nearly identical to Beef Stew.

New Foods:
These new foods duplicate ones that I have already created.
Flour (mine is an ingredient)
Milk
Butter
Clam Chowder
My plans: Remove these changes to the CEO esp file.  My meshes and textures can be an optional addon.

New Recipes:
These are new recipes that conflict with recipes that I have created for the same items.
Apple Pie (this pie is the one USKP renames Meat Pie, I have recipes for both kinds of pie)
Bread (this is bread01A the whole loaf bread)
Clam Chowder
Flour
Sweet Roll
My plans: Change Apple Pie recipe to make my Apple Pie.  Keep my Meat Pie recipe as is.  Remove the rest of the changes from the CEO esp file.

New Crafts:
Conflicting new crafts.
Milling
My plans: Remove this from CEO esp file.

New Crafting Stations:
Conflicting crafting stations.
Grain Mills
Butterchurn (Hearthfire's churn is Flora, rather than Furniture)
My Plans: Remove Grain Mill changes from CEO esp file.  Replace Hearthfire's Butterchurn with my Butterchurn.

Other Things:
Not necessarily conflicts, but things to consider anyway.
Salmon Steak (now there are two kinds, you can now only cook the Hearthfire steak)
Baking Oven (for Hearthfire version of CEO, I will need to change some recipes to Baking craft)
Grain Mills (non-Crafting station type, found as Activators in vanilla Skyrim)
My plans: Make the old Salmon Steak craftable, maybe rename it (Smoked Salmon?).  Change my baked goods recipes from Cooking Pot to the Oven.  The non-crafting Grain Mills, if not being used by the game for any purpose then I will replace these with the crafting Grain Mills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and feedback are welcome. Your ideas are too if you'd like to share them. It will just takes me a little while to verify comments before they are posted. Mostly as a measure to keep away spam adverts and the like. I'm online most days so it shouldn't take too long. Thanks for your patience! ;)